CLASH OF CLANS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to use Troops effectively

3 posters

Go down

How to use Troops effectively Empty How to use Troops effectively

Post by Rocha1305 Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:27 pm

A superb thread here from the Supercell forums - some great insight into how to use your troops well. Original thread HERE
Enjoy...

Guide: How to use troops effectively!
This guide is for those people who struggle to use troops correctly, this is why I am here to help! This guide is going to contain all troops and how to use them effectively. To make this guide not boring I changed the colour of each troop information because people are probably bored from the colour black and I included some photos for troops that I was able to get. I couldn't get photos for some troops because I either don't use them (they are level 1 for me) or I just do't have the right barracks/dark barracks for the troop. Hope you enjoy!

1. How to use barbarians: 

Barbarians are one of the easiest troops to use. Spread them out in waves followed by archers. Barbarians act like meat shields and destroying buildings while archers are behind them destroying what’s left. Barbarians and archers are one of the most deadly combinations as they only take 1 housing space meaning the more barbarians and archers, the more destruction. Bunching barbarians together is useless as they can be taken out with a few shots by wizard towers and mortars. To prevent this, spreading out is the key!

2. How to use Archers: This point may relate to Point 1 that's why I included the photos after this point for the barbarian and the archer. Archers are the main troops in nearly every army composition. Archers work well when in numbers, at the same time; they don’t work well when they are all bunched up. As they have low health, they are in need of a meat shield. Using barbarians or giants are useful as they can draw fire away from the archers while they are destroying buildings. Spreading them out is a way from preventing one hit kills from wizard towers and mortars. 

How to use Troops effectively E8sgJ5a

3. How to use Goblins:

Goblins are great for stealing resources. Which farmer doesn't use goblins? Firstly, when you come across a base with all the loot in the collectors, use barbarians as distractions followed by goblins to take all the loot. If all the loot is in the storages, then this is when you use giants and wall breakers. When starting to breach in the base, use giants as meat shields, followed by archers to destroy. If the storages are in the core of the base, you need to use more wall breakers to break through. Once you’re in, don’t spam all of your goblins at once as they’ll get easily killed by mortars and wizard towers, to prevent this send them in groups.

How to use Troops effectively 0arlFEx

How to use Troops effectively 1XGylSd

4. How to use giants:

Giants are one of the best meat shields to use. Start off by sending in giants followed by archers. These two troops are a great pair as the giants are tanking and drawing the fire away from archers, archers are destroying what’s in front of them. They can also be used as tanks for the wall breakers to safely open up compartments. Then you can send in swarms of troops like the barbarians and goblins. Giants are durable, meaning they’ll last for a while, pairing the giants with the healer too will make an excellent strategy. This strategy is also widely used when a base has weak air defences or no air defences at all. While giants are destroying followed by archers, the healers can heal the giants meaning they’ll last for a long time unless there is an air defence in range but not taken out by giants yet, the healer is vulnerable. 

How to use Troops effectively GmcKJq7

How to use Troops effectively KfZylXq

The two photos above both relate to the giant, wizard and healer

5. How to use Wall Breakers: 

Now these are one of the troops that some people have a hard time with. They not knowing which wall to break through, they are getting destroyed by defences, mortars, wizard towers etc. Now I’m here to help those who need help. Firstly, you would need a meat shield; a meat shield can be a giant or a barbarian. Let’s use the giants as an example; you would need to deploy a giant first followed by a wall breaker to break in the first layer of walls. But watch out for the mortar shots, deploying wall breakers is all about TIMING! As soon as the mortar shots hits the ground, that’s when you deploy your wall breakers so it doesn’t get hit by a mortar shot. The other defences you shouldn’t worry about because they are distracted by the meat shields. 

6. How to use Balloons: 

Now these are really fun troops to use if you know how to use them. Firstly, you need to lure out the CC troops from the clan castle as this is important. If you don’t lure the troops out at the start, the whole raid can fail if the CC contains wizards. Pair up balloons with minions so they can take out the CC troops and they can also be used to check if there are any traps. As the balloon’s speed is slow, everything you do will need to be fast. When starting to deploy balloons, you would need to put them in groups of 5-6. You can also use dragons as tanks just like how you use giants as tanks. Deploy dragons towards the air defence so it won’t be a problem for balloons. While near the outside perimeter of the base, pop in a rage if the base is hard. Since the balloons are slow, rage can be used to speed them up. Make sure the air defence locks on the dragon as if it locks onto one of your balloons and they are in groups, the raid will be miserable! Once you've breached in and you have about 20 minions with you, spread them and they’ll destroy what’s left of the base.

7. How to use wizards:

Wizards are one of my favourite troops purely because of the appearance. Wizards have high damage and at the same time fairly high health. Wizards won’t last long that’s why they should be paired up with meat shields for example giants. The way I use wizards is with giant, healer and a few wall breakers. To start off, I deploy all of my giants to the closest air defence, and then followed by wall breakers to open up compartments. I do not deploy my healer yet until the air defence is taken out. Once the air defence is taken out, I then deploy the healer followed by wizards being spread out. The reason for this is so wizards can’t get taken out too quickly by mortars and wizard towers. Once I’m in, I pop in a rage spell so the destruction can be epic. Most people don’t use wizards because of the high training time but before you sleep, train some as they are epic. 

8. How to use healers: 

Healers are mainly used in the giant/healer strategy. They allow the giants to live for a long time meaning nearly all of the defences will be destroyed. When raiding a base, you should look for the closest air defence to the outside perimeter. Attack from that side deploying all of your giants and maybe followed by a few wall breakers to open up the compartments towards the air defence. As soon as the air defence is destroyed, deploy your healer. Wait for a few seconds so the giants will be in then deploy the rest of your troops. The reason for this is so that the healer won’t be distracted by other troops like archers which have low health. By the time the troops are also making their way inside the base, nearly all of the defences will be destroyed. Let’s say a base has two air defences, one on the west and on the east side and you began your attack on the west side. The air defence on the east side isn't destroyed so one your giants are in and beginning to make their way to the east side. Pop in a rage so the giants will easily make their way to get eastern air defence. Once all air defences are destroyed, you are guaranteed destruction!

9. How to use dragons:

Dragons are terrifying when used in battle and can destroy anything in their way. Dragons are one of the best flying units and are used sometimes for tanking or sometimes used as an all out dragon army. A good pair would be dragons and balloons, while dragons are tanking, balloons go straight for the defences. Dragons are mostly used for getting trophies; no farmer would use dragons as it is costs alot of elixir and quite a while to train. A good strategy is to also use dragons with minions. Minions would be used to check for traps then when it is safe dragons are deployed. Using an all out dragon army is a guaranteed win, spreading them out on one side is the way to go. 

How to use Troops effectively CqI6RsG

How to use Troops effectively XnXRGwf

10. How to use PEKKAs:

The PEKKA... Also one of the coolest looking troops in the game is sometimes quite annoying if you don’t know how to use them properly. Many of people are complaining that they just circle around the whole base without actually going in. One way to prevent this is to destroy distraction buildings from the side you want to attack the base from. For example, you come across a base and you want to attack it from the east side, destroy distraction buildings by simply using archers. Maybe deploy one PEKKA to tank form the east side, then followed by archers so they don’t die too quickly while taking out these buildings. Once it is clear, deploy your PEKKAs in pairs. The reason for this so because buildings won’t last that long and 2 PEKKAs are enough to destroy buildings/defences. Pop in a rage spell to watch the destruction and you won’t regret it!

11. How to use minions:

Minions are one of those troops that are fast and cheap to train. Having minions in an army composition is quite important as they can take out the Barbarian King without actually getting damaged by him. They can also be used to test for traps such as air bombs. Wizard towers should be taken out as the splash damage can one hit kill multiple minions at once. A good strategy is to use them with giants. Giants are used for tanking followed by minions. Air defenses aren't that much of a problem because the air defence has to go through the trouble killing them one by one. That's why minions are useful in groups and they are also useful by spreading them out preventing air bombs from killing all minions at once just in-case if you forget in testing to see if there are traps or not.

12. How to use hog riders: 

Not much people use the hog rider not sure why but he sure does pack some punch when paired up with other hog riders. Hog riders can be used as meat shields too as they have similar health to the giant. The good thing about hog riders though is that they have more speed and damage compared to the giant. But giants only target defences while hog riders target any building. That’s why when you want to attack a specific side of a base; you would want to destroy distraction buildings preferably with archers or minions. It’ll be a good strategy if you go all out hog riders but then the disadvantage of this is that you use up alot of dark elixir. When the hog riders are in the base, you might want to pop a healing spell or a rage spell as it well increase the performance of the hog riders meaning they will destroy the base quicker and they’ll live longer.

13. How to use Valkyries: 

These Valkyries are great for taking out CC troops. With its small radius, the Valkyrie can take out multiple troops at once! Using Valkyries while they are bunched up together is a bad idea as splash from wizard towers and mortars will make a mess out of them. These Valkyries can also be used as meat shields because of their high health while at the same time, they’ll destroy buildings quickly. Valkyries are weak against walls as they attack slowly so you might need to carry a few wall breakers. 

14. How to use Golems: 

How to use Golems:
The Golem is the biggest tank you’ll ever see. They have heaps amount of health and do a great job as tanks. Golems are mainly known for the GoWiPe strategy which consists of Golems, Wizards and PEKKAs. The most effective way to use golems is in the strategy that I mentioned. Using this strategy you are guaranteed a win against most bases or even any base. To start off, you would deploy your golem/s then followed by your PEKKAs. While your golems are tanking and your PEKKAs are sort of tanking too but destroying at the same time, you lastly deploy your wizards. You may also need to use a few wall breakers in order to make your raid successful. Dropping in rages may also be used as it makes the raid easier. This strategy uses troops that take a lot of time training so it’s only used by trophy hunters not farmers. 

15. How to use Barbarian King:

The Barbarian King is one of the best tanks if used correctly. It's it best advised if he is paired up with Archers or the Archer Queen if you have her or the healer. The reason for Archers backing the king up is because if nothing is behind the Barbarian King, then he will be dead in about 15 seconds when attacked by multiple defenses just like giants. This is why when you have archers backing him up, he'll live longer as the defenses will die quicker when attacked by the Barbarian King and the archers. Also, the reason why you can have healers being paired up with the King is because as he has such high health, he'll live longer when being healed. Also, combining the Archer Queen and the Barbarian King is one of the best combinations as when these two are on the battlefield, you will witness destruction.

How to use Troops effectively YLd6c5Y

16. How to use Archer Queen: 

The Archer Queen is like the Archer but with increased range and higher damage. Just like archers, they need a tank, tanks can be giants, PEKKAs or even the Barbarian King. The reason for having a tank is because the Archer Queen has low health and won't live long on the battlefield and won't destroy much. You want to try have as much troops infront of the Archer Queen to minimize the damage that she may take so you can use her again in another raid. Like what I said for the Barbarian King, pairing up the Archer Queen with the Barbarian King will be a deadly pair. 

How to use Troops effectively ItUBwD3

And as always, Clash on! 

This guide took alot of time to make but it's all for the sake of the community. Thank you for reading!
Rocha1305
Rocha1305
Admin
Admin

Swords : 4085

https://theburning.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

How to use Troops effectively Empty Re: How to use Troops effectively

Post by spidey Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:28 am

very very usefull!!
spidey
spidey

Swords : 4000

Back to top Go down

Post by WTFMaX Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:39 am

The golem/healer combo really works wonders if you can destroy their air defenses quickly. I've been using it for quite a while now and can usually 2-star bases.

WTFMaX

Swords : 3988

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down